Adversity enters all of our lives. Whether it’s the COVID-19 pandemic, a natural disaster, or a traumatic event in your life, you’re not alone.
The Lyda Hill Institute for Human Resilience developed GRIT courses and additional programs for anyone who wants to learn how to be a positive influence and promote resilience within their community. Depending on your sphere of influence, there are five GRIT courses to grow your resilience, become a GRIT Coach, and help others in your community live a more resilient life.
Peer Support & Trauma Training Programs
If you would like to build a peer support program for your organization, or learn about the symptoms, impact, and treatment of trauma, you can learn about the Peer Support program and Trauma Training program below.
- Peer Supporter Certification
- Oversight and Supervision of Peer Supporters
- Annual Training to Maintain Certification
- Posttraumatic Stress Prevention Class for Employees
- Foundational Training: Gain a basic understanding of the symptoms and impact of trauma
- Advanced Training: Further your knowledge of general and special population trauma
When the COVID-19 pandemic struck, Latrina was faced with numerous challenges, which led to significant stress as she adapted to the “new normal.” When she heard about the GRIT program, she signed up and got her GRIT on. The rest is history...
Global Reach of the GRIT Trainings as of July 2021