Adversity enters all of our lives. Whether it’s the COVID-19 pandemic, a natural disaster, or a traumatic event in your life, you’re not alone.
The National Institute for Human Resilience (NIHR) developed GRIT courses and additional programs for anyone who wants to learn how to be a positive influence and promote resilience in their community. There are four GRIT courses depending on where your sphere of influence is and two programs.
Peer Support & Trauma Training Programs
- Peer Supporter Certification
- Oversight and Supervision of Peer Supporters
- Annual Training to Maintain Certification
- Posttraumatic Stress Prevention Class for Employees
- Foundational Training: Gain a basic understanding of the symptoms and impact of trauma
- Advanced Training: Further your knowledge of general and special population trauma